Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fall is...


I’m probably a little bit late with this post as it is the end of October, oh well!

I have always loved the fall season, and not because it’s getting cold – I WILL be a snow bird some day when I can afford it. 

I actually love fall for so many reasons that I am not sure I can narrow it down or communicate it in a way that will make sense.  I get a warm, fuzzy feeling just thinking of the crisp air; probably because I want to crawl into a pair of jogging pants and curl up on the couch with the remote. 

Rather than write something that will likely turn into some form of rant I thought I would put it in a nice neat list.  Before you begin reading you should make a quick trip to Starbucks for a Pumpkin-spiced Latte – a surefire sign of fall. 

Neat List
Fall is my Fashion Show
Sure I have a closet full of flirty summer dresses and by mid-March I book a pedicure so that at the first sign of spring my toes are sandal ready; but come October my love for boots appears!  I LOVE boots, all of them especially when paired with some tights and a wool sweater dress…oh and skinny jeans, they look so good with skinny jeans!  

Fall is Soup, Soup and More Soup
Creamy soups, broth soups, chunky soups, and whatever is left in the fridge soups - I love them all.  Soup is a go-to meal at our house, that and grilled cheese.  My all time favourite is Butternut Squash soup, particularly the kind that my newly acquired husband’s mom cooks up :)  I'll share the recipe in an upcoming post.

Fall is my Colour
Growing up country fall looked like this; pretty colours for miles
How could you not love fall when it looks like this?
I also love all of the décor - front steps filled with mums and pumpkins, front doors with beautiful wreaths and lawns covered with leaves!  It makes my walks with Miss Manola so much more enjoyable with so much to look at.

Fall is my TV
All of my favourite shows return to continue with their juicy story lines AND my Sundays are once again dedicated to Football – Go Giants!  Does anyone else plan their schedules around what’s on TV; I find I always have a lot of plans on Wednesdays.

Fall is my 'Reset'
Something about fall shoots me into productivity mode.  I prep the house for winter *tear* and clear out clutter with one fell swoop.  I find time to reconnect with friends and family that I may not have seen over the busy summer months and get myself back into a routine (especially with my friend ‘gym’).

So there you have it, a neat list.  Feel free to share what fall is to you – I’ll read about it while curled up on my couch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment