Thursday, October 25, 2012

Kitchen Reveal...(sort of)

Hello again!

I know you have all been anxiously waiting for the big kitchen reveal (I know I have)...and you will need to wait a bit longer...sort of. 

I reallllllly wanted to have the kitchen completed before I shared the big 'ta-dah' moment with you BUUUUUT if I actually waited until we were completely finished you could be on the edge of your seats for quite sometime. Reno's are expensive friends and I can only make so many trips to Ikea without wanting to pull my hair out (more on this later).

Let's press rewind and start back at the beginning.  Here is what we started with - a standard builder's kitchen; no bling!



look at that UGLY light

and here's where we're at!






Amazing - right!?!? 

I need to thank Hubs for suggesting we open it all up, it changes everything about our main floor and I.AM.IN.LOVE! 

Still lots left to do, but we're thrilled with how far we've come and how awesome it looks! We did a lot of the work ourselves (translation: I supervised, arranged for the talented and skilled workers, and provided approvals ;)). 

Massive To Do List: 
- finish the toe kicks along the bottom
- put the corner cabinet door on
- install cover panel on the end of the pantry
- install the hood range
- install remaining handles 
- install moulding on top of cabinets
- pick a back splash (and install it)
- install remaining baseboards
- find a pretty light (with lotsa bling) for over the table
- DECORATE!!!!! (in 50 years from now when funds are replenished;))


So there you have it, where we're at and where we're going.  As mentioned super duper thrilled and can't wait to show you the actual finished project. 

Happy Thursday!




No comments:

Post a Comment