Friday, December 9, 2011

Burlap? Yes Please!

Back in October I found this on Pinterest.


via Pinterest
I fell in love instantly - so I was going to have to make one for myself!  Off to Michael's I went and picked up the following:
- Burlap
- 18" foam wreath
- pins (the ones with the little ball on the end)


I started by cutting the burlap into 4" x 4" squares; since I wasn't sure how many squares I'd need I pre-cut about 50 of them to get me started and began to pop them onto the foam wreath. 


long way from being done
this is where 30 squares got me
the end of the roll :(

It was at this point that I realized I was going to need a whole lotta burlap to cover this wreath; poor planning skills on my part.  I headed back to Michael's to pick up some more; at least I got to use another 40% off coupon - have I mentioned yet that I love a good deal!?



Once I finished with the burlap I added some fall décor that I had around the house and stuck it on the front door.  


I was pretty proud of myself!
And now that winter is here and the holidays are approaching I swapped out the leaves for a wintery pine cone and some festive berries!


Ta-dah!

Happy Holidays

Never mind the boring white door; it's being painted in the Spring, Newly Acquired Husband just doesn't know it yet ;)

I love this thing, it can go with me from season to season or until I find something else on Pinterest to replicate :)





2 comments: