Friday, December 30, 2011

Jasper the Sunflower

A few years back...OK a lot of years back; I was the proud owner of a nice new bright red Pontiac Sunfire.  She featured a front-wheel drive platform, automatic transmission, and a 2.2 litre 4 cylinder engine.  I was in love with her curves, amazing 6 speaker sound system and of course the air conditioning!  She was all mine - I was riding in style. :)  It didn't take me long to name her Jasper b/c she was jazzy and snazzy (I was young, don't judge).    


This is not actually Jasper; but she looked like this
How cool are those side panels - snazzy aren't they? ;) 


We had a lot of great times together; she went to university with me; travelled all over Ontario to various football games and finally was with me on my very first day in the "real world" - yes, I proudly drove her all over.


Typically, my younger sister got my 'hand-me-downs'; Jasper would be no exception!  For the past 5 years she has been kicking around in Jasper the Sunflower (sunflower came from her).  I don't have all of the stories but I am sure they were similar to mine and that she too loved to drive Jasper the Sunflower.  


This car has done very well for our family, she owes us nothing; if anything we owe her!  You have no idea what this car has been through - among other things she's been rear-ended, buried in the snow, hit the ditch, got stuck in the middle of a road during a snow storm, been egged, gone to university AND college and finally, for the grand finale got crumpled up while parked!


Here are a few pics...





Final trip out the driveway


We both had fun kicking around the city and country side with Jasper the Sunflower - and it showed; she had 260,000km's on her all of which were put on by my sister and I.  


While I got a new car a few years back; today my sister traded Jasper the Sunflower in for a fancy new car - just hope the next car is up to the challenge; she's got big shoes to fill!


RIP Jasper the Sunflower; we'll miss you!


   


1 comment:

  1. love it! she will be missed... well parts of her will ;)

    ReplyDelete