Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Does the 'Hollywood' Sign Exist?


My recent trip to LA sparked a desire to try and see the Hollywood sign - you know the famous one you see in movies and every episode of 'The Hills'!?

So while riding in the back of the cab along the various freeways from LAX to my hotel I was on the lookout for this...

photo courtesy Wikimedia.org
You would think it would be easy to spot!

Naturally I was BBM'ing a close friend and shared with her my thoughts that this sign didn't exist...to my surprise she disagreed said it existed; she's actually seen it.  

Determined now more than ever to see this sign I asked my crazy cab driver which way I should look; but he was too busy weaving in and out of traffic and listening to techno beats (live from a local club) to bother answering me.

I asked the hotel concierge about the sign when I arrived she said: “oh yes, it’s right over there; you will be able to see it from the night club upstairs”.  I was excited; I would be in that nightclub the very next day - I would for sure see the sign in the morning...or so I thought.  The sign is not visible when it’s rainy and overcast :( 

I've been to LA several times and have yet to see said sign.  And yet again I was unsuccessful.  I'm pretty sure it’s just a prop that they show us for fun to create a desire.

And then…just as I was about to board my plane home; someone sent me this…

The view from Drais Hollywood
*sigh* 

No comments:

Post a Comment