Monday, November 14, 2011

PMS!


Yesterday I had the privilege to spend the day with 500 amazing ladies (and a handful of gentleman and some Firefighters) in support of women's cancers.  I volunteer my time to help with Pamper Me Senseless (PMS); and I must say it’s up there on my list of “most rewarding experiences”.

Over the past 5 years this team has worked countless hours and come together to raise over $400,000 for the Canadian Cancer Society...I am proud to say that I have been a part of it!

What is PMS you say?  It’s about the women!  It’s about surviving, sharing and laughing!  It’s about the celebration!  Ladies get to spend their time shopping, shopping and even more shopping.. They can be pampered by 4 of our lovely vendors from within our community.  Pampering includes the opportunity to get their nails, hair or make up done or sign up for a short massage.  After they have spent all of their hard-earned dollars they enjoy a delicious meal and a fashion show with collections from local stores and designers.  Up next are the silent and noisy auctions, a keynote speaker and some entertainment to round out the day.  And finally, a celebration isn’t complete without a goodie bag to take home! :)   

This year we had Carole Bertuzzi Luciani as our keynote speaker; the crowd loved her, you can find out more about her here.  I do hope that one day you will be fortunate enough to hear her speak; yesterday was a first for me and it was a moodivational!  KW Glee also wowed us – there is some serious budding talent in this area.

I enjoy volunteering I find it to be a very rewarding experience - this week I am excited to be able to volunteer with Free the Children's We Day Waterloo.  
  Here are a few photos from PMS
Main Ballroom

Main Stage

Silent Auction

No comments:

Post a Comment