Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Travel Tip Tuesday


I spent my day trying to get a flight to LA for this coming weekend...tip: book a flight earlier than 4 days before take off!

Typically I avoid connecting flights (I'm sure we all do) I value my time; but days like today I had to bite the bullet.  I exhausted several airlines in an attempt to find a deal - but everything was coming in at $1400 ONE WAY!  I never thought it would cost to so much to get to Hollywood.  On a regular weekend it doesn't, on a regular weekend you get a flight for about $700 total.  But this weekend is not a regular weekend, this weekend the American Music Awards are taking place, so this weekend I will need to connect.

In light of today's travel woes; it's the perfect time to share with you tips for surviving connecting flights
1.      Whether your flight is non-stop or connecting delays are inevitable; if you have to connect the last thing you need is to miss your flight, so plan ahead.  I like to leave at least two hours in between flights
2.      Pack in a carry-on; if you have a tight connection chances are your checked  luggage won’t be making it, even if you do
3.      Depending on the length of your connection you may be able to leave the airport – it’s a good time to check out a city that you may not have otherwise visited. 
4.      Check-in for both flights at the same time – remind the check-in staff of this if they don’t do this for you.
5.      Be Zen – your travel time is naturally longer when connecting, so why dwell – it will make the travel feel so much longer

So my lesson of the day – book your flight in advance, it’ll save you your precious time (and money)! ;)

Safe Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment